The TELUGU ASSOCIATION OF LOUISVILLE KENTUCKY (TAK) was formed by a group of enthusiastic Louisvillians to impart the knowledge of Telugu culture and Telugu literature and educate the youth about Telugu festivals. It is also a base to welcome Telugu people into the community. TAK had it’s first Ugadi celebrations on April 6th, 2003 at the University of Louisville. About 300 people from the Telugu Community and Students from University of Louisville participated and made the event a grand success. Cultural performances by kids and students provided great entertainment.
After celebrating many successful events in the past few years, the Committee and the Board of Trustees decided to join with the Telugu People of Lexington, Frankfort and other cities in and around Kentucky to form a bigger organization. So, it was decided to change the name of the organization to TELUGU ASSOCIATION OF KENTUCKIANA (TAK). Ugaadi 2006 will be TAK’s first event and hoping to celebrate many more grand events in the future.
- Promotion of cultural, religious and educational knowledge about Andhra Pradesh and the Telugu people and their significance to the community in Kentucky.
- Patronization of promotional exchange programs between Andhra Pradesh and the United States of America for mutual benefits.
- Contribution to the socio-economical development of the commonwealth of Kentucky and surrounding areas.
- Maintenance of cooperation and association among the people who are interested in the objectives of TAK.
- Advancement of educational, cultural and religious interest of the community.
- Cultivation of public appreciation for the work of the Telugu people through improved public relations.
- Development of a civic consciousness by members of the Telugu Community
By-Laws and Constitution
Click on the link to read TAK’s Bylaws & Constitution